Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, ya it's me. I was shamed into putting info in here by a fellow that saw my first posting, lol. I spent 20 years raising a family, and then gave another 20 to Ford Motor Company as a Product Design Engineer (Draftsman). Like in drawing prints for making car parts. It started out with wire-frame CAD (Computer Aided Design) then quickly went to Solid Modeling. Now I am retired from Ford and I am learning woodworking.
Here is a web-site you can go to and see me, my family and things I have made. I add pictures now and then but I would rather be making sawdust than sitting at this PC.

http://groups.msn.com/MyWindowsXP/soozysstuff.msnw

I will try and get in here and read all the great stuff when I can.
This is a nice site and I will try and make time to learn my way around this site.
Thanks,
soozy

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Here is a little hint that you may or may not know. On the horzontal bar there is a something called "quick links", if you click that you can pick "new posts" and see what has been posted "lately".

PS your message came just fine!

Ed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You for the Welcome.
I am finding that this site is too difficult to navigate. If I try and send a reply it always asks me to login and I have already login in. And at this point I loose all the stuff I typed in the reply. Then I open a Word Doc and do all the typing there and then have to cut and paste it in the reply. To much time spent trying to figure all this stuff out when I can be making sawdust instead.
I love The Rouher Workshop program and I have been watching it for more than 30 years. I have 5 of the Show Volumes with tapes and books.
I will be reading what I can and when I can in here and Thank You All for great info.
Lurking Soozy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome Soozy. I have seen some of your work on your web site and it is beautiful. I too would like to know how you made that lock.

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Welcome Soozy took your advise and took back that belt sander today thanks you were'nt the only one but your input helped decide which way to go about stripping the church pews thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Soozy, Snoozy, and Sooozy, I want to welcome you all to the forum.You have a very nice web site. It gives us "retired" ones something to look at. Keep making the saw dust, and happy retirement.

Dr. Zook
Retired Toolmaker from G.M.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You

BobandRick said:
Hi Snoozy, look forward to seeing you here.
Thank You for the welcome.
I always watch your shows and I have learned lots from you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dr.Zook said:
Soozy, Snoozy, and Sooozy, I want to welcome you all to the forum.You have a very nice web site. It gives us "retired" ones something to look at. Keep making the saw dust, and happy retirement.

Dr. Zook
Retired Toolmaker from G.M.
Thank You Dr, Zook. Glad you like where my pictures are stored. I make lots of different things. I just love making the little magic boxes with my router.
I am learning new stuff all the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank You

loststevie said:
hiya sooozy
wonderful stuff.....
i think i have shop envy now..lol :rolleyes:
Thanks LostStevie, I have a shop to die for. My hubby brings his friends into my shop and says "It's all soozy tools", hahahahahahahaha. He has to get my permission to use my wood shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hand held belt sander

Glenmore said:
Welcome Soozy took your advise and took back that belt sander today thanks you were'nt the only one but your input helped decide which way to go about stripping the church pews thanks. :cool:
I am glad I could help. Those hand held belt sanders are great for rough construction. But NEVER NEVER use one on furniture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wooden Lock

Michael said:
Welcome Soozy. I have seen some of your work on your web site and it is beautiful. I too would like to know how you made that lock.
Thank You very much. I am just learning yet.
Here is a web site that shows the exact book I have for making the wood lock.
http://www.cleverwood.com/making_working_wooden_locks.htm
But you can look it up on Google (Making Working Wooden Locks) and find more books.
The second lock in my book has a part that needs to be turned on a lathe.
I just got a new mini lathe and I still need to learn how to operate it.
I guess I have to learn to sharpen the tools first. That means getting new friable grinding wheels for my grinder. Something new to learn all the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts