Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new here and want to introduce myself. Yes, I am a girl. :)
I am a mother of 3 and also a grandmother-to-be. I love the beauty of nature and my favorite hobby is fishing in my old Crestliner.
I have always had a lot of creativity in all kinds of mediums. My project now. . . building a rocking horse.

I bought my first router by Skil #1810 and am looking for pictures of how to mount it to a homemade bench. I realize this is a low cost one but I am new to using a router and needed one that is more for beginners.

Happy routering!
:p

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Welcome, learn safe working habits, and start off practicing with a piece of maybe cheap and make cuts about 1/8" deep at a time to get the feel of your router....Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Lynnette......welcome to the forum. I'm kind of new here as well and enjoy woodworking. I see that you are going to be making a rocking horse (probably for that new grandson/grand-daughter). Well, that's exactly how I got started in woodworking. My son and daughter-in-law were going to have their "first" and they saw this rocking horse in a consignment shop and said that it would be nice to have for the new baby. I took one look at it and said...heck, I can make one better than that! So I did. Thought I would share some pics of it. Since then, I have made 2 more as baby gifts for other family members and friends. Enjoy your project.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and yes I am making it for the new arrival. Grammy needs to have one at here too! My daughter is going to use the same one I made for her.
You're horse is adorable!

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us, Lynette.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts