Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, and thank you for letting me into the site!

I have a Black & Decker model 7610 which is a hand-me-down from my Dad. Unfortunately the top bushing is worn out. Repairing didn't seem to be an option so I purchased an inexpensive Makita router (verdict still out).

I came across a free B&D 7616 router in which the armature is gone.

My question, are the 7610 and 7616 similar enough that I can mix and match parts, and make 1 good router?

Thanks for any help!!
Dwayne

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hello Dwayne and welcome to the forums...
We're happy you found us...

Unfortunately the top bushing is worn out.
is it actually a bushing or is it really a bearing???
either of those you may be able to find replacements at a bearing supply house...

the forum for B&D manuals is located at this link...

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
If it is free, take it. If you can't fix it, might be able to salvage parts. Or trade it for something, give it to someone who wants it, use it as a weight or doorstop, make a lamp out of it. Plenty of uses for free stuff. As a last resort, toss it.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Bearings and bushings are generic parts that manufacturers buy from those type suppliers. Just take the old one with you to a power transmission type industrial supply store in your area. As for the other parts, try going to ereplacement parts and look at the parts listings for the two routers and any common parts should be using the same part numbers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is it actually a bushing or is it really a bearing???
either of those you may be able to find replacements at a bearing supply house...
It is a bushing, I've had the router apart. I called the rewind shop and they don't even have a parts listing anymore.

I can't see a number like the one you posted, it has only this sticker on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I can't see a number like the one you posted, it has only this sticker on it.
my bad...
I was thinking Craftsman you you were talking B&D... oooops..
I edited my post to the correct link...
sorry about that...

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
I found the router on 3 parts places and none of them even had part numbers for those parts, just said N/A.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well good news.

I picked up the 7616, took both mine and it apart, and put my 7610 armature in the 7616. One of the armature segments was gone on the 7616. The windings on the 7616 looked a bit overheated too but I thought I'd try it, I can always swap the windings later if need be.

Once together it fired up and sounded good.

One thing I'm curious about is that mine was listed at 22,000 rpm and the 7616 was listed at 23,000 rpm. Doesn't really matter but I suspect the difference might be in the windings?? Both armatures had the same number of segments.

Anyway thanks to all who chimed in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.