Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my issue is pretty simple .. After installing mach 3 and all the drivers , I cannot sync mach 3 to the 6040 .. its a usb version which in theory would be easier, but I actually regret not getting a parallel port version.. The reason is , thousands of people have already figured out the bugs with the parallel port version. Not soo much with the USB version , very little info out there ( well theres info , but it isn't related to setup

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums Rob. There are quite a few 6040 CNC owners now and hopefully someone here will have some configuration files for you that will get you up and running.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rob. There are a lot of good people here that can solve your problem or find a path for you to follow. Don't forget there is a wealth of information here, use the search function to try and find some answers. Also some of the guys might not see this post until a few days have past.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum Rob. There are a lot of good people here that can solve your problem or find a path for you to follow. Don't forget there is a wealth of information here, use the search function to try and find some answers. Also some of the guys might not see this post until a few days have past.

thanks! ive been scouring.. there are several older posts where guys had similar issues setting up the 6040.. im still reading through them..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I got it solved.. Oddly enough , in order to install the 6040 USB version I needed to download adobe reader to open the USB6040 file.. How this prompts the connection from the machine to mach 3 , I have no clue.. But that's how it works.. Hopefully this info will save someone 5 days of diagnostics and scouring the web,. For aluminum parts, the 6040 is showing tons of potential..this is 2 1/2 inch deep 1 inch diameter holes with a 2 flute carbide 1/4 inch end mill.. actual hole size was 1.005 , not too shabby for first cuts.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.