Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Kaitlyn and I am new to the world of dust collection and woodworking.

I currently work in marketing at an dust collector filter company, and I can say that it's a whole new ballgame!

I have a degree in Media Production and am new to the world of manufacturing, dust collection, and woodworking.

So pardon my questions if I ask too many, just trying to learn. Thanks! 馃槈

Registered
I'm a throat cancer survivor and some woods' sawdust is carcinogenic so I'm often bringing up dust collection. There are a number of others, including Stick 486, who post often posts on the topic. Stick has a lot of pdfs I hope he will post for your benefit. We have lots of newbies here so entry level information is always welcome. We have never minded when manufactureres come on and share useful information, but you will want to make sure there is no effort to sell or merely promote product sales. That has gotten a number of people kicked off the site in the past. Just a heads up.

I do have a question. Some filters have what I call a beater bar that is installed in the filter to knock off sawdust that builds up on the filter material. What is the official name for that device. We generally like that gadget because you con't have to remove the filter or hope blowing air into through it does the job.

And welcome to the Forum. We're always happy to share.

I've attached a pdf of the 18 things that helped me speed up the learning process. You might find it helpful. I did and taught marketing (to eye docs) for almost 40 years, and I remember how it was getting started in a new field. The pdf is 10 pages with pictures so you can see the tools and such your filters will be working with.

Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
Glad you're here Kaitlyn and welcome to the forum! Add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and also add your location.

There are many threads here on dust collection so dive in and learn what you can, don't be afraid to ask questions.

David

Registered
Hello everyone!

My name is Kaitlyn and I am new to the world of dust collection and woodworking.

I currently work in marketing at an dust collector filter company, and I can say that it's a whole new ballgame!

I have a degree in Media Production and am new to the world of manufacturing, dust collection, and woodworking.

So pardon my questions if I ask too many, just trying to learn. Thanks! 馃槈
Hello and welcome Kaitlyn to the forums...
Head over to this link for a bit of information on dust collection...
the DC forum is at this link...

Registered
Hey, Kaitlyn; welcome! As David suggested, filling out a bit of info about your experience, location, and tools available to you helps other members make more helpful suggestions. For example suppliers in your immediate area.
Just click on your own screen name in the top left area, then follow the menu. Only you can access the editing tools, but anyone can read the finished bio material. Hint; don't post e-mail or ph. numbers.

Registered
Welcome Katilyn. As you can see, a friendly bunch for sure. The experience level found on this forum is all over the place from raw beginner to extreme craftsman. We learn from each other both what to and not to do. posting pictures is always a good approach when trying to figure something out as it visual helps explain the issue/question and then its always nice to see the result of you work and a great way to document your progress. Don't be shy, ask away.

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've attached a pdf of the 18 things that helped me speed up the learning process. You might find it helpful. I did and taught marketing (to eye docs) for almost 40 years, and I remember how it was getting started in a new field. The pdf is 10 pages with pictures so you can see the tools and such your filters will be working with.
Thanks everyone for welcoming me aboard, and for the all the info. I don't see the PDF attached that you mentioned.
It sounds like it would help me out a lot.

~Thanks!

Official Greeter
G'day, Kaitlyn, and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: .220977
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.