Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello;

I'm real new to this online computer stuff but I have been interested in woodworking for many, many years. I was offered an apprenticeship by a cabinet maker from the old country when I was in high school. I foolishly passed on this opportunity of a lifetime. Instead, I joined the Air Force. I retired from the USAF in 1979 and then went to work for Rockwell International . I gained absolutely no woodworking experience from either of them. Strange how we spend so much time NOT doing the things we love to do. Now that I am retired, wear trifocals, need a hearing aid, have two new knees and have some time on my hands - I'm going to do some woodworking.

Hope you guys don't mind a lot of foolish questions because I believe that I am going to have a bunch.

Making Sawdust Safely,
Dustywoodworker

·
2,392 Posts
dustywoodworker said:
Hello;

I'm real new to this online computer stuff but I have been interested in woodworking for many, many years. I was offered an apprenticeship by a cabinet maker from the old country when I was in high school. I foolishly passed on this opportunity of a lifetime. Instead, I joined the Air Force. I retired from the USAF in 1979 and then went to work for Rockwell International . I gained absolutely no woodworking experience from either of them. Strange how we spend so much time NOT doing the things we love to do. Now that I am retired, wear trifocals, need a hearing aid, have two new knees and have some time on my hands - I'm going to do some woodworking.

Hope you guys don't mind a lot of foolish questions because I believe that I am going to have a bunch.

Making Sawdust Safely,
Dustywoodworker
H e l l o . . D u s t y !!

W e l c o m e . . A b o a r d !!

We are ready for your questions...

Let'em fly!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dusty. As I used to tell my students in the company school... the only stupid question is the one not asked. There are plenty of talented and nice people here that are eager to answer all your questions so don't hesitate to ask. Above all have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome to our woodworkers community Dusty. We are pleased to have you join our Router Forum. We have a friendly and helpful group of members from all walks of life here. From nobody's to somebody's, from beginners to experts. We all share this forum as equals. So if you need help or are full of questions, just ask. Congrats on your retirements.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome Dusty. I suggest you click on the blogs link and select Sawdust dreams. This is my blog and you will find a lot of commonly asked questions answered. Please let me know if this assists you and what else I need to address there.

·
2,392 Posts
dustywoodworker said:
Thank you, all of you. It is really great to be so readily accepted. You guys just might be as great as the Router Workshop.
Dusty... are you saying you like Bob and Rick better than you like US ?! :'( ;) :D :cool: :eek:

Yes... I know... Well, it's good that Bob & Rick are the Top Dogs here... we think so too... Without them, this would not be here! :) :)

Glad you like it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.