Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i am crazycol from the uk, i am 52 yrs old and been woodworking all my life. (self taught) i am pretty new to computers so all this techno stuff is hard to digest. so a little question for you, what router bits do you use over here, i use trend and freud. ps you have a good site here well done all. cheers col.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Welcome Col. You will find more brands of bits here than you want to know about. The highest quality brands would be Whiteside,(US) Amana,(Israel) and CMT.(Italy) In the mid range you would find Porter Cable, Bosch, Freud, Oldham, Eagle, Holbren, MLCS, Rockler and Woodcraft. There are too many basic brands to list them all but a few would be Hickory, Columbian, Vermont American, Skil, Black & Decker, Magna, and Craftsman. Whiteside is consistantly rated the top bits in comparison testing. MLCS makes more profiles than other brands. There are other top quality bits produced by specialty firms but they are designed for CNC applications and rarely surface for normal routing needs

·
2,392 Posts
crazycol said:
hi all, i am crazycol from the uk, i am 52 yrs old and been woodworking all my life. (self taught) i am pretty new to computers so all this techno stuff is hard to digest. so a little question for you, what router bits do you use over here, i use trend and freud. ps you have a good site here well done all. cheers col.
W e l c o m e . . A b o a r d . . Col

You will be happy here!

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Hey Crazycool, welcome to the community glad to have you as a member :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi guys, thanks for the welcome, sounds like you have more router bit manufacturers than i have had hot dinners. once again a BIG THANKS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts