Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Been watching Router Workshop for a short spell, and found this wonderful site somehow.

Been trying to record the shows from PBS-U so I can watch them at leisure. But somehow become VCR challenged when it comes to recording.

My name is Dave Royal and I live between Sacramento and San Francisco, and attended the Woodworking show in Sacramento a couple weeks ago.

Had a wonderful time and bought a Forrest blade for my Chopsaw.

I've been woodworking for almost a year, and am currently doing a remodel of my wifes home office, to include crown molding and laminate flooring.

Great excuse to buy some new tools to replace my old Craftsman tools.

By day and night I'm a college professor at a small private Northern California college. (Yes, I teach days and evenings, leaving little time for hobbies unfortunately)

My shop is in my 21x21 garage that I share with a fridge and lawnmower. I own a Craftsman 2HP plunge router and a PC 694VK, but no table as of yet. Still deciding whether to build my own or pick one up during Routermania at Rockler (drive past it two times every day in Pleasant Hill).

I have a HF 2HP DC and 14" BS w/ riser, which work quite well for my needs. I also own the wonderful Ryobi BT3100, which I picked up after deciding the DeWalt 746 was way out of my budget.

Ok, I guess that's enough rambling, thanks for listening.

Dr. Dave 'Wheels' Royal

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Dave, welcome to the forums. Nice group of people with loads of experience here, all willing to help. Plus games too. I tried to get jdzimme to send me a round trip airfare so I could go to the Sacramento show, but to no avail. Oh well. What does the 'wheels' represent? :confused: Car's, skates, motorcycle? and with a name like "Dave" you can't be all bad. :D Again welcome.

Dave
the"Doctor"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,

Dave 'Wheels' Royal is an anagram. I used to be a huge fan of the TV shows X-Files and Lone Gunmen.

Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
welcome Dave. I know what you mean. I also teach full time, but at the high school level. It really is hard to find spare time for a hobby, but I force myself to as I love woodworking so much. Most of my time is late at night. I enjoy keeping the neighbors up with the sounds of my tools. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Dave,
I had to go to Sacramento to find router workshop on public television. I am afraid that I shall have to attend rehabilitation if I am ever to overcome this addiction to making router dust. I now realize how to make dado cuts with a router rather than the radial arm saw, I tried once with a router...I pushed it and it wandered, I never considered pulling the darn thing and allowing the physics to keep me in line against the fence. The task was on a short deadline and the mind was focussed to the problem at hand with no analysis after project completion. Many, many years later I watched Bob cut that dado and laughed at how much I was going to learn in the future thanks to Bob and Rick. Good luck on your projects, Erich.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.