Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I joined this forum to learn lot's more on CNC routing.

I'm really excited about getting a "new" hobby/small business after retirement. After working in software & IT for over 30 years along with making lots of saw dust along the way, I thought it would be great combining the two interests with a CNC routing system.

I've played with CAD software several years ago so I believe finding the right hardware is my initial challenge. The CNC router may also influence the software I use. My 1st projects would be making wooden-artwork signs for friends & than moving on into 3D artwork. My price-range of the system is $4K to $7K.

Any suggestions or places to start would be great!

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Hal.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Hi Hal, post your questions in our CNC section for the best results.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome, Houston lived there 17 years. My youngest son is still there with his lovely wife and new daughter living in the Mission Bend area. We will be making more trips there so perhaps I could look you up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome Hal

There are several forum members in the Houston Area. It would be a good idea to take a minute to fill out some personal data so that the members can have a little more to go on when you have a problem.

Houston covers a pretty good area. Roughly where in Houston do you live? There is a Houston wood working club located in Southwest Houston. If that's anywhere near you, you may want to drop in to their facility for one of their meetings.

Unfortunately, the club is out of the way for me as I live in far Northwest Houston near the city of Tomball. You can find additional information by searching for Houston Woodworking Club on the net.

Regards
Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts