·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
Glad you could join the fun. Nice bunch of folks here who really enjoy sharing and helping each other out.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Kag and welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you

As a tool geek this gives me a great excuse to get a compact router and do a few projects. I enjoy making things for my Army coworkers and buddies and relatives. No longer active but I still work for the Army....only thing I have known my entire adult life.

I am interested in routing out Army unit patches and such on projects. Instead of using the patches I want to learn to use the router and then paint my projects. I just made a magnetic bottle opener for me nephew who recently returned from Afghanistan. I hope to learn it well enough to replace the patches and badges I put on them. I do not sell them....it's not about the money.

I plan to do a lot of reading as I choose a router and bits to do this with.

Dave

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
A really good friend of mine is a commissioner in Kansas City, KS. It is a really interesting place to visit, and I have to say I really like some of the small towns there. Just a little too hot and muggy for me.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I was stationed in Ft Riley in 1970-71. I must say that I've really never missed that winter wind out there!
Welcome to the forum...great group of guys here. Never be afraid to ask questions because this is one helpful group and someone will know the answer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts