Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I am new to the forum and relatively new to routers. Getting closer to retirement and wanted to advance my wood working skills and tool inventory ahead of "R" Day. I live in northern Canada and have a two door heated garage that I split with the wife's car. My past experience in wood was of a practical nature, and now I am wanting to develop a finesse creating knick knacks with 1/2 Blind / Through and Tapered Dovetails. The scrap pile is growing a little too fast. The current project is building Shaker Inspired Step Stools, (Modified Minwax Plan) laminating a 2 cedar strips into Pine or Worm Wood Maple 60" x 10" Laminated Shelving for one stool.

I really enjoy accessing good technical help and suggestions from a forum, looking forward to participating.

David22

·
Registered
21,675 Posts
Hi David, welcome to the fun. I, like you, bought all my gear before I retired. Nice to have good stuff, all paid for too. I've attached a pdf of the 18 plus things that helped me accelerate my learning curve. It includes a couple of things that were expensive mistakes. Hope it is useful for you.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
"I live close to the US border, and it’s too cold for me". I wonder if some insulation would help there?........ :)

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
G'day @David22 , Welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts