Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Brian from Ontario here. Not much of a woodworker up to this point, most(all?) of what I've built so far is functional, but it could never be described as pretty so I bought a used router/table to try to change that. It's a Craftsman with a 1/4" shank.. and from what I've read so far, all the REAL routing is done with a 1/2" shank, but this will do for now.

Bob and Rick, my brother turned me on to your show with a couple of tapes he made back when you were first getting started. Most informative.

Take care
Brian

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcomes guys. I've been reading thru the posts as time permits... I can see a lot of help here for a newbie such as I.

But.. now I have to whine... and it has nothing to do with the forum.

Apparently, there is a problem with the PBS station in my area and there is currently no broadcast availalbe. :( <sigh> Oh well, I can always catch the show next week.

Brian

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
BrianS said:
Hi folks. Brian from Ontario here. Not much of a woodworker up to this point, most(all?) of what I've built so far is functional, but it could never be described as pretty so I bought a used router/table to try to change that. It's a Craftsman with a 1/4" shank.. and from what I've read so far, all the REAL routing is done with a 1/2" shank, but this will do for now.

Bob and Rick, my brother turned me on to your show with a couple of tapes he made back when you were first getting started. Most informative.

Take care
Brian
First WELCOME!

Second, I had a Sear router as my first router back in the mid 70's it has served me well and I still use it. I made many a project with it and while the 1/2" might be in your future learning and using the router you have is more importain then that issue.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.