Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I am Ian from the Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
Woodwork is a hobby for me when time allows, Which I should have more of after starting a new job abroad.
Have a table top router at the moment and looking to upgrade to a full size one, Drooling over an Incra set up ate the moment:smile:

I have done a few basic things for the garage made out of plywood but hoping to progress a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Welcome Ian! It looks like you are well on your way. The chest of drawers looks professionally done. You'll find the folks here to be friendly and generous with their advice.

Reactions: ksidwy

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Welcome Ian...

I have done a few basic things for the garage made out of plywood but hoping to progress a little.
you have progressed more than a little by the looks of things...
nicely done...
and if that's ''just plywood''... can we have some??..

Reactions: MEBCWD and ksidwy

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Welcome, Ian. I have to agree with Andy and Stick, you are more advanced then some here. I'm sure you have some experiences that can help others along the way. If you have any questions, just ask. There is a lot of experience here and folks are always willing to help those less experienced along the correct path with the right information.

Where will you be relocating?

Again, welcome.

Bill

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Welcome Ian. Nice work. I've been putting doors on all my shop cabinets, and floor stands to keep the sawdust out. I sure like the storage for tool cases.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome Ian. I agree with the others your work looks very professional.

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ian . Wow you look well organized. I finally got tired of looking for tools , so I undertook making drawers for my work bench the fall. Yours look like a great setup btw.

Here's an idea MT.Stringer came up with to hold drills etc . I'm reall proud of it as its worked extremely well , and I haven't built much before other than speaker enclosures

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Ian

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
G'day Ian, welcome to the forum.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,344 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ian.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the warm welcome, Have been looking at the forum for a while and I am impressed by the level of knowledge and helpfulness, The main reasons why I signed up.

Welcome, Ian. I have to agree with Andy and Stick, you are more advanced then some here. I'm sure you have some experiences that can help others along the way. If you have any questions, just ask. There is a lot of experience here and folks are always willing to help those less experienced along the correct path with the right information.

Where will you be relocating?

I am now out in Southern Iraq, Well away from the trouble at the moment. But the situation is being monitored constantly

Bill
Welcome, Ian!
So, is your cleaning lady looking for new clients? ;)
I wish:wink:, Unfortunately I have a cleaning boy that does my cabin.:no:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If the news from the Rugby World Cup is getting you depressed then the Router Forums will be a good place to spend your rehab time, I like your drawers, keeping tools in drawers is the best way to keep the contents clean. N

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If the news from the Rugby World Cup is getting you depressed then the Router Forums will be a good place to spend your rehab time, I like your drawers, keeping tools in drawers is the best way to keep the contents clean. N

Quite a few of the lads out here gutted after losing like that:crying:

And nothing here to drown the sorrows either:crying::crying::crying:

Hope there are not too many Ozzies on here :lol:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Ian,

Welcome to the Router Forums.

It looks like you are well organized which leads to better work flow and more time to work on your projects instead of time spent looking for tools that are buried somewhere in the shop.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts