Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd join this site with the possibility of learning & chatting with other woodworkers. I do have several routers and two rotor tables. A fixed benchtop on a dedicated bench and one on my tablesaw extension wing. I also made a horizontal router table, but not satisfied with the height adjustment. Will be modifying it. One thing about woodworking, there several ways to get the same results. And it's relaxing if not rushed to get a project done. I did get burnt out with woodworking three or four years ago. Worked too many hours in my shop with out breaks continuously. I backed it down to a maximum of twenty hours a week to have more time to enjoy life. Now woodworking is enjoyable again.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
20,514 Posts
Glad you decided to jump in and join the fun. I've had some health issues that slowed me down and like you, I now enjoy working again. I guess I'm a type A at hart.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you decided to jump in and join the fun. I've had some health issues that slowed me down and like you, I now enjoy working again. I guess I'm a type A at hart.
Health does contribute to many things. Hopefully not too serious of an health issue. I retired in 2016. and took on woodworking as a hobby business with emphasis on quality. There's more of a market for quality than I thought. Got burnt out trying to finish all the orders. Now I work no more than twenty hours a week in my shop. And tell my customers "when I get to it, I'll get to it." No promises on time. I'm currently two to three months behind and have a list of customers waiting for me to call them when I catch up.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Any pictures of your work to show what you do in the shop? For me it's all a hobby and one that was started with earnest back in Jr High shop class over 50 years ago. Thanks to Mr Orr and Mr McDaniel I learned a good deal and it encouraged the itch that much more. Still enjoying it but have slowed a bit. Just age and taking the time to really enjoy it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome aboard.

Any pictures of your work to show what you do in the shop? For me it's all a hobby and one that was started with earnest back in Jr High shop class over 50 years ago. Thanks to Mr Orr and Mr McDaniel I learned a good deal and it encouraged the itch that much more. Still enjoying it but have slowed a bit. Just age and taking the time to really enjoy it.
Here's some pictures of what I specialize in. Hope, Cedar and Toy chests. Also make urns for funeral homes. The last pic is as Hope Chest made of hickory.
Wood Hardwood Varnish Wood stain Flooring
Cabinetry Wood Table Drawer Wood stain
Wood Flooring Hardwood Gas Bumper
Rectangle Wood Wood stain Hardwood Box
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Pet supply
Table Wood Rectangle Wood stain Plank
Table Wood Rectangle Wood stain Plank
Table Rectangle Wood Floor Wood stain
Wood Hardwood Varnish Wood stain Flooring

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's some pictures of what I specialize in. Hope, Cedar and Toy chests. Also make urns for funeral homes. The last pic is as Hope Chest made of hickory. View attachment 399570 View attachment 399563 View attachment 399564 View attachment 399565 View attachment 399566 View attachment 399567 View attachment 399568 View attachment 399569 View attachment 399570
Ooops, 1st and last pic the same. I thought I put in a red oak hope chest in the 1st pic. I'm bad. I also do furniture repair and restorations.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,081 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice.
Thank You. All the Memorial Urns or Wooden box Urns have locking miter joints instead of a 45 degree miter saw cut. This adds a selling point for quality built. Especially when you can see the locking miter joint when the box is openned.

·
Official Greeter
19,136 Posts
Do you do the panels with the router or the table saw?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Very nice indeed. I'm the the process of making a blanket chest for my oldest granddaughter who just started her freshman year at ODU. It's a bit more of a project then I realized mainly due to working 2 days a week that requires about the same if not more to recover from........that and the dovetails I need to cut for the project. The job was to help out a friend in a bad position that needed additional help. It will be ending by years end......and the chest should be completed by Christmas. Did I mention the ongoing Dome project.................

·
Registered
692 Posts
@Wooden Dreams ,
very impressive. May I ask if the box in the 2nd-last photo is also mad with lock-mire joints, and if so, how you did it?
perhaps a shot of work in progress?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts