Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to do some woodworking for fun in my retirement at 71 years old. I am a guitar nut and a wannabee luthier. I had a couple years of wood shop and FFA agriculture welding, farm tools etc. classes in high school. I have always been a DIY and can figure things out and how to do it if given enough time and instruction. I have been setting up a small shop in my small garage. I bought a Bosch 1617EVSPK and a Bosch RA1181 Router Table. I am building a couple shop carts now ,one is finished and I have my new router table mounted on it. see pic below. I have extremely limited experience with a router mainly doing roundovers and flush cuts very little with a router table. I am pretty confident with the the other power tools, table saw, skil saw, miter saw, drill press. I am sure I will ask some stupid newbie questions, if I can't find the answer searching here. My mantra is: You won't think any less of me than you already do" :)
"you won't

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Welcome, like your mantra! I think you will like the router table, There are some good threads on the do's and don'ts. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Welcome aboard. I thought that was spelled looter.

·
Official Greeter
19,119 Posts
G'day, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I began a “Covid” hobby with a three axis router table, came to a roadblock with the software. I can’t get it to run smoothly. Will get specifics later...thanks for access to group,

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I began a “Covid” hobby with a three axis router table, came to a roadblock with the software. I can’t get it to run smoothly. Will get specifics later...thanks for access to group,
Welcome Ted. I would imagine a moderator will move your post to a seperate new "New Member Introduction" thread/discussion so we can properly welcome you to the Router Forum.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum rcboals.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts