Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
New member from Tassie here. Reasonably new to routing, till now it has mainly been a GMC 900W for edge rounding.
Recently purchased a used Bosch GOF 1300 ACE, I am keeping this one for hand held. It came with a still sealed 7 piece Triton 1/2" set.
As I already have an mostly orange workshop, when some bonus money appeared in my account, I lashed out and picked up a Triton TRA001 to mount in my router top. Took the time to set it up properly, including an access hole for the lift winder handle.
With the rest of my Triton accessories, I am starting to get the accuracy that I have longed for.
Have fun and keep safe...
Chris

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Chris. You will find a wealth of information here and even a bit of humor from time to time.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Welcome, Chris. I think that you'll like it here.

Bill

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Hi Chris. In the US your Bosch GOF 1300ACE is called the 1613EVS and is no longer in production. These are the plunge only versions of the GOF 1600ACE/1617EVS with comparable specifications; a good choice for hand routing.

Did you remove the plunge spring from your Triton for table mounting? It makes life easier if you do. The TRA-001 is popular with forum members.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,358 Posts

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum. Chris

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome Chris...

·
Official Greeter
18,753 Posts
G'day Chris, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
@vk7hch...

Chris..
you have pictures of the world of Tasmania???...
would you post a few if you could...

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the greetings everyone, great to see all the various places that we all call home.
Thanks Mike for the info re the US model number of my Bosch, it may make it easier when looking for accessories for it.
Yes I removed the 2' long plunge spring, how I will ever get it back in if needed is beyond me. :).

Great to meet a good bunch of woodworkers, hope to be able to both learn tips and maybe help as well.

Cheers
Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts