Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Am a senior and woodworker, in Mannville, Alberta, Canada. Came to this site looking for plans for a shop-built surfacing jig. Any suggestions?

Norm

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Norm and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Official Greeter
19,066 Posts
Hi Norm,

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
130 Posts
What you want is called router ski or router sled

Hello,

Am a senior and woodworker, in Mannville, Alberta, Canada. Came to this site looking for plans for a shop-built surfacing jig. Any suggestions?

Norm
I think you are probably referring to what is commonly called a "router ski" or "router sled" around here. There's been lots of posts about them, such as this recent one. You can use the "community search" function at the top of this page to find and browse those posts.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Thanks, James. In my message, I gave my name, my town, my province, my country. :)

I've fleshed out the profile.

Good to hear from you.

Norm
Hi Norm:

You'll want a pair of skis or a pivot frame. The vertical sled can work but it's point of reference is the material you're trying to size so getting started is problematic.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello Norm! and thank You for the profile. Great Job. It helps us to get back to You. As far as the skies, Check out Harrysin. He has some great information. In fact, I think He has post on here now. I willl try to look it up. They can do some great things, The other post will be bob bj, Ill be back with a bit of help. Here is an article that is worth checking http://www.routerforums.com/jigs-fixtures/23129-finally-skiis.html

·
Official Greeter
19,066 Posts
Thanks, James. In my message, I gave my name, my town, my province, my country. :)

I've fleshed out the profile.

Good to hear from you.

Norm

Thanks Norm,

That is one of the results of using a default signature and was not meant for you in particular.....
A number of the new members do not give the basic information(as is their choice and right)

I trust you found the answer to your query?

I know a number of the members use a ski set up to flatten surfaces.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to those who stated me thinking about a router sled, or router skis. That was what I needed ... I was wanting to rout out damage to the underside of a desk top. The picture shows the thing which did the job. I'm still playing
with the "perfect", expandable guide strips to contain this beast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts