Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have some experience in woodworking and new to the forum. I have more experience with concrete but want to expand my abilities and let my creativity play with wood as well. I am planning to buy a CNC router soon as I am retiring in a few months. Today I came across a discontinued tool that I would love to have but can’t find one available to purchase. Anyone have any suggestions on where I can find a Sears Craftsman Router Crafter or similar tool. Many thanks and thanks for having me. J

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,076 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Finding one of those will take a search of used tools that come up for sale from time to time. I've seen a few advertised over the years but it isn't often. I think there are a few plans to make a similar design but I can't tell you where to find those either. Seems there were a few videos posted some time back on YouTube showing the homegrown version in action.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Do a search on this website for "Turning Contraption" and you will find considerable reading on it and some DIY versions.
Bill Hylton built one using bicycle sprockets and chains. Woodsmith did an article (about issue 100) on making one, etc.
Lots of reading available on it.

Charley

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have one that I don't use. I am willing to sell it. I have a very busy day today, but will get back to you via "Conversation" tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one that I don't use. I am willing to sell it. I have a very busy day today, but will get back to you via "Conversation" tomorrow.
[/QUOT

I’m definitely interested Chris. Please get back to me with particulars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts