Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a good deal of which falls to routers/router toys :p . At the age of 50 I have aquired a considerable woodworking arsenal of my own which was supplemented by the inheritance of my dads shop when he passed 2 years ago.

My router setups are...

1) Shopsmith Router System #555413 over/under router with a PC 690 dedicated and an Incra jig/Incra Pro Fence

2) Leigh D4 with dedicated PC 690

3) LV Veritas router table with Ryobi 600/Veritas Bit Jack and the Incra Ultra/Intellifence system. For this same table I have the full Veritas fence system which I do not presently use but will when I make another identical table for it.

4) Delta 43-505C Router/shaper table which is great for lock-mitres and other "bigger bit" kind of stuff.

5) For stand-alones I have a Freud FT2000E, a Ryobi TR30U laminate trimmer, numerous bases for the 690s when needed and numerous Dremels with the appropriate bases for routage!

A dubious addition to the pile would be my Shopsmith 510 which has the abilities to rout/shape but I really wouldn't want to be in the same room with it while this was going on. That machine has some serious power but in my opinion runs far too slowly and does not care if it cuts wood or eats it if you don't have your feed/depth right.

So far as the rest of the tools go I have a doubling of some things which can be good for doing production runs as well as some new things which I never purchased due to lack of need or $$$! Now I have to use them all to honour my dad R.I.P. :cool:

I have been a lurking member on this great site for some time now and I guess its time to say my hellos and get to know the good folks here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome John, admittedly it is an impressive array of woodtoolery many of which I would not own save for my dad's foresight into some of my ambitions. Many of his tools were new, in the box, or slightly used, maybe set up but never used etc. The D4 is a good example of the latter. When I took the jig home and prepared to use it I found that the template had not only been set up backwards on the jig ( he didn't see too well and we all discouraged his use of power tools because of it) but the left template support arm was bent downward as if the jig had been dropped on the floor or something had fallen on it to bend the arm??? I was able to bend the arm square again and am happy to report that this D4 lives up to all claims made to the breed! I found it sitting on an upper shelf covered in crap of all sorts, I can only guess awaiting repairs at a later date that he would ultimately miss :'( .

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hello JohnnyR

Hello John. Welcome to the router forums. It has been over a year since you joined John and it is about time you came out of the woodwork (pun intended). :D It does sound like a fine selection of tool you now have. Be "SAFE" and enjoy your woodworking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dr.Zook said:
Be "SAFE" and enjoy your woodworking.
Thanks Zook, I'm 50, a member in good standing of the "ten on two" club and plan on staying that way. How else is one to play guitar? ;) As for the lurking member status, why speak until you have something to say?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts