Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefinedundefined

Hello out there I'm new like to ask a question about a PC 5182. It is an older model similar to the 7518 3hp. It has a weird inverted looking collet that does not look like it will hold very well. The parts schematic for the model shows a later style collet and chuck, I am hoping that it can be updated, retrofitted. Any advice about how to or parts availability is appreciated.

Look forward to using this forum.

Kevin in Oklahoma

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome Kevin. Visit www.portercable.com to find manuals, parts lists and locations nearest you of authorized service centers. Don't be surprised if you are redirected to a DeWalt site, Black & Decker owns PC and DeWalt and recently combined the parts centers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked at the local PC dealer/service center and the 5182 collet and chuck are obsolete. The good news is that an updated version is available that is like the newer collets used on other PC routers. Waiting on the parts now. While I have the unit disassembled I am going to replace the bearings.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin in Oklahoma

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.