Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks , I am brand new to the forum and am on a compaign to increase my router skills and usage. I just purchased a new Porter Cable 893 plunge rig--what a nice tool . I have a Skill 1825 plunge router which I rate the fixed base setup as a nice tool but the plunge base is truly trash (sorry-my opinion). I would like to turn the Skill 1825 into a table router and reserve the PC for all hand held fixed and plunge operations. I can't find a lift plate system that specifies campatability with a Skill 1825 . Any thoughts ?

Thanks , Ken (Whidbey Island , WA.)

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Ken, the bad news is you will not find a lift for the Skil. The good news is set up is quicker by popping the plate out of the table and replacing it.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us, Ken.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmmm... I don't know if this will help, but the new ShopNotes (No. 121) magazine has instructions on how to build a router lift. It's pretty straight forward and doesn't appear to cost very much. Not only that, but you can build it to any dimension, so you can make it to fit your 1825 perfectly... just a thought.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmmm... I don't know if this will help, but the new ShopNotes (No. 121) magazine has instructions on how to build a router lift. It's pretty straight forward and doesn't appear to cost very much. Not only that, but you can build it to any dimension, so you can make it to fit your 1825 perfectly... just a thought.

Hi all, i have that same router along with a couple more. This one is used more than the others but i would still like to build that lift. I can't seem to find that issue of Shopnotes. I have sent them an email twice now about buying that issue but still haven't got a return. Ant thoughts on where to look for a copy?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Woodcraft stores carry both Shopnotes and Woodsmith magazines; or at least mine does.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks all, i have been trying to find that issue with no luck, i have emailed Shopnotes 2 times but haven't got anythng back. Does any know of a site that might carry back issues of woodworking magazines, especially the 121 version?

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts