Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a new member of this forum. I found this site while I was looking for more information about Makita RT0700.

I'm no woodworking guru, but know enough to build something. I am currently renovating my home, all surfaces, all rooms, including sauna and kitchen, a wooden terrace in the backyard was finished a year ago. There are quite a lot woodwork involved as you probably know.

While working with my home I have found joy in woodworking, so I plan to continue after the current job is finished.

Router is the least used tool for me, but this is rapidly changing and I found my Bosch POF 1400 ACE a bit cumbersome so plan to replace it with something smaller. I expect to learn a lot while reading this forum and maybe I can provide an advice from time to time.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the router forum.
Thank you for joining us, Jari.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jari. I wouldn't get rid of the big router , I would just get a smaller one to go with it. They both have their place in the shop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I agree,
after reading this forum I am now considering the possibility to keep the bigger one, maybe I build a router table for it. It has 1,4 kW motor (almost 2 hp) so it can turn quite big bits when needed.

I have limited storage capacity and I do not have workshop (ie. I have to pack all away and clean up after every job in the future). Currently this is not a problem, as my home resembles construction zone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts