Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I found my way to this site via a search for information re a drilling template for the Triton 3 1/4hp TRC001 Router. I bought a Woodpeckers plate that fits the PC 7518. Although the 4 screw holes line up, the hole for the height winder does not.

I chose the Triton for a number of reasons including the write up in Fine Woodworking. However, the article didn't give instructions about drilling the holes. I also notice that Kreg is featuring this router with their router table and plate. While they said you have to drill the holes I didn't see a template on their site. You'd think that both Kreg and Triton would provide a template, but I didn't see one on either site.

In any event, I'm glad I found this Forum.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us.

Use the black plastic base from the router as a template to locate the hole for the winder. - just make sure the hole is not under your fence, for convenience.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us.

Use the black plastic base from the router as a template to locate the hole for the winder. - just make sure the hole is not under your fence, for convenience.
Such a simple solution, James! Thank you so very much. Most times we are looking for difficulties and have no trouble finding more than enough.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The woodpecker I bought for my triton was predrilled for lift hole. The hole in plate is about 5 o'clock from center

1 - 5 of 5 Posts