Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Joining from New England. Hoping I can poke aroumd and learn some new things. More into pyrography than woodworking but the idea of doi g some type of woodwork has been growing in my mind.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum, Michael

·
Registered
21,669 Posts
A lot of us started out doing fixit and DYI stuff and gradually accumulated enough tools to start woodworking. If you're younger, DIY where you make it look like a pro's work, borders on more advanced woodworking. It's a great hobby, but kind of expensive as you add tools and do more advanced projects. You probably already have learned the good wood isn't cheap either. So welcome ahd we hope to see some of your projects soon.

'

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I am 27, recently bought my first house, and even more recently got a bunch of old tools and a workbench set up in my basement from my grandfathers old stuff so i am hoping to start working on projects and adding some pyrography to the stuff i make rather than just buring on basswood canvas.

I appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
21,669 Posts
Grandfather's tools rings a bell for a many of us. By the time you've accumulated a workshop full of them, you start to think about who'll inherit them. The dreaded thought is they'll be sold off cheap and wind up rusted boat anchors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum Michael. Where in New England? You don't have much info in your profile. It would
help if you add more info when you can.
Apologies. I will update my bio as soon as I have a few free minutes around work.

I am from MA, close to Boston. But i have recently bought a house in Southern NH.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grandfather's tools rings a bell for a many of us. By the time you've accumulated a workshop full of them, you start to think about who'll inherit them. The dreaded thought is they'll be sold off cheap and wind up rusted boat anchors.
I took as much as i could. Some other family members got other stuff as well. In the end, very few was sold off. Which is good or he would be back to haunt us for it.

I have fond memories of watching him work on things and "helping", so taking them was a No-brainer. Now i just need to learn how to use some of them haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.