Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey newbie here from South Carolina. I spend most of my time in the shop on a lathe but venturing out into some other projects. Router was a must have shop tools and stumbled across this site.

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Welcome to the forum! When you get a minute add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you. You can also add your location and complete your profile with tools you have, etc.

What projects do you have in the works now? We like photos! :grin:

David

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you're new to routers you'll find plenty of information to get you up to speed. I'm sure Stick will post shortly and provide you with links to important safety and operational information for the safe and proper use. A handheld router can do some amazing things as well as dressing up wood edges but that's just the tip of it's abilities. Add a router table into the mix, store bought or shop made, and you'll add so much more ability for larger and deeper cuts. Like making raised panel doors, cope and stile frames, just to name a few. But understanding how to do this safely is key.

I've kept my Shopsmith Mark 7 primarily for it's lathe ability with the digital motor but have yet to delve in too deep. I bought a Nova 3 for it and hope to start some simple turning by summer. Just so many projects yet to do before the real fun happens.

Again, welcome. Post some pictures to show your work and ask away. To post pictures just drag and drop from your computer folder to the box below. It will load and show a thumbnail of the picture. There's a progress bar to show the upload progress. And do fill out your profile so we have some idea about you and your tools.

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
Glad you decided to join the fun. Sounds like you know your way around a lathe. So I hope you'll feel free to join in on questions about that and other issues where you have something to add.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome from the old North State! Never tried turning. It sure is a very nice hobby producing some amazing items. Do share some of your turnings. I don't need another line of hobby to place $$ into, but love to see what others are doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.