Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a router but I need help and ideas on how to use it. I came across this website and it looks like it will be very helpful.

Looking forward to reading and discussing projects, etc. with everyone.

Nasir

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi Nasir. As a relative newcomer to routing myself I can only suggest that the best way to learn is to get in there and use it. Start with something simple even if it's just shaping pices of scrap to get the 'feel'. There are also many useful books on routing that will advise you on technique, safe handling and show you simple projects. And there is a lot of experience right here when you need it. Remember, there are no stupid questions!

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome to the forums Nasir. Glad you found our community of woodworkers. Great knowledgable people here to answer any questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Geordie & Dave

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm an oil sands worker, from Ft. McMurray, Alberta, site of the worlds largest oil sands deposit. I work a 12 hr shift rotation over 3 to 4 days and then get some long breaks, which gives me some extra time for leisure and pleasure.

I am looking forward to working with the router as my limited space doesn't give me any room for any other tools. I'll spend some time lurking around to get familiar with the terms and I'm sure I will have plenty if questions down the road.

Geordie, starting simple, sounds like good advice, to which I will take heed.

Thanks again.

Nasir

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.