Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 47 and have enjoyed WW since I was about 12. I haven't had the facility to have my shop for the past 11 years — all my tools have been in storage.

At the urging of an Uncle, I purchased a Shopsmith in 1984, investing $2500 for a system. It immediately proved to be a poor choice, but limited by a small area in a shared basement, it did allow me to "play" with my hobby.

I have always wanted a dedicated shop with quality machinery to build furniture, cabinets and such. I have a 12x20 brick utility building detached from my home that I am converting to that shop.

Now I have the pleasure (or pain) of purchasing machinery that will satisfy my habit.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Hello hgporter and welcome to the friendliest woodworking forum around. We have a fine group of woodworkers ranging from beginners to advanced. We have a knowledge base that wont quit and our members are MORE than willing to help. If you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to ask. We are one big happy family. So, lets see some posting and enjoy thre Router Forums.

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like your shop is close to the same size as mine and it should work out nicely for you if layed out properly.

Post any questions you have and you will get almost immediate response from the friendly members here.

BTW.... share some progress pictures of that new shop.... we love pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.