Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. I've been a member of this forum for a few months but have not yet posted.

I am an avid woodworker but have to limit my projects due to having no permanent workshop - I have to share the garage with the car!

I love the summertime so I can setup and work outside when the black flies aren't carrying me away or having pieces of my body for lunch.

I have a Bosch router with both standard and plunge bases. All of what I know about using it has come from magazines, books. the internet and experimentation. I'm quite comfortable with it but haven't ever tried anything very difficult - mostly edging, pattern copying, creating rabbets/dadoes, etc. I have a very cheap and rudimentary router table but haven't used it much yet. Don't have any template guides yet but am hoping to get a set and an edge guide one of these days.

Thanks to all of you for your posts and the great information you share with those of us who aren't as knowledgable.

Jim C
(Maine)

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hello Jim. Thanks for the intro and welcome to the RouterForums.

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Welcome Jim, I share my shop with the car as well. You have to get a little creative when this is the environment. I do have a nice space in front of the car and along the sides. It can be done and don't let that hold you back. Lots you can do in a garage shop!

Corey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts