Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure its been asked before...

But i have started looking at the AEG 1400 multibase router (one of the few options for a multibase in EU)

but it comes with 12mm only....does anyone know where i can get a 1/2" collet for it?

will Ridgid or Milwaukee work?

Google did not yield anything amazing:frown:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
what does your collet look like???

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hi Mike,
AEG is irritating in that way. They actually do make the 1/2” (and 1/4”) collets, but you have to counter-irritate them to get one. That is what I had to do for a friend a couple of years ago, when they were still on sale in this country.
I notice that Australian models are sold with Imperial collets - perhaps one of our Australian members can order you one or two (From Bunnings?)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Biagio

arrrreeghghgh!!!

indeed irritating these AEG guys...

Seems they do have it but for some reason (god only knows) dont include it in the kit.
@kp91 - indeed i checked...but 73USD just for a chuck...is a bit stiff
@stick - the whole point is that i am thinking of buying one - so i dont really have one on hand

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,945 Posts
@Biagio

arrrreeghghgh!!!

indeed irritating these AEG guys...

Seems they do have it but for some reason (god only knows) dont include it in the kit.
@kp91 - indeed i checked...but 73USD just for a chuck...is a bit stiff
Was there more than one manufacturer that shared the same musclechuck type? You could try to use their standard collet instead of AEG.

·
Registered
689 Posts
25 Euros for a collet? Outrageous. They used to supply them gratis, if you pestered them enough. May still pay to enquire in Oz.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mike,
AEG is irritating in that way. They actually do make the 1/2” (and 1/4”) collets, but you have to counter-irritate them to get one. That is what I had to do for a friend a couple of years ago, when they were still on sale in this country.
I notice that Australian models are sold with Imperial collets - perhaps one of our Australian members can order you one or two (From Bunnings?)
PORTER-CABLE 42950 Collet de routeur: Amazon.ca: Outils et Bricolage this one work maybe ,
the one we see that someone has tried it on his AEG router in the comments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mike,
PORTER-CABLE 42950 Collet de routeur: Amazon.ca: Outils et Bricolage this one work maybe ,
the one we see that someone has tried it on his AEG router in the comments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sure its been asked before...

But i have started looking at the AEG 1400 multibase router (one of the few options for a multibase in EU)

but it comes with 12mm only....does anyone know where i can get a 1/2" collet for it?

will Ridgid or Milwaukee work?

Google did not yield anything amazing:frown:
Défonceuses you could got it there ,
at the end of the page

I needed the opposite, either the 12 mm and nut for my old freud, they are supposed to fit above :))

1 - 11 of 11 Posts