Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot get the Bosch RA1166 Plunge Base Type P to line up with the mounting plate on the RA1180 table.
I have no idea what type of mounting plate to order but the plate that came with the table does not line up with the plunge base (black protective base has been removed from the RA1166 Plunge Base.
Thanks for any help.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
It's common to have to redrill those plates to fit your specific router.

Reactions: Parks

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
like what was said...
you need the fixed base...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Mike..
the new plunge base's springs can be disabled and adjustments can be made through the bottom of the base...
as stated.. the plunge base isn't meant for that table...

·
Super Moderator
5,816 Posts
Mike..
the new plunge base's springs can be disabled and adjustments can be made through the bottom of the base...
as stated.. the plunge base isn't meant for that table...
Still aggravating, and no micro depth adjustment. ..and no provision for adjusting from above the table with the hex key. Too much trouble for old fat guy. :surprise::grin:

And I can almost guarantee that after going to all the trouble of making the plunge base work, it wouldn't be 15 minutes before I would need to do some kind of hand held operation! :frown:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.