Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum,

I promise if you'll help me get my Delta Scrollsaw going, I'll be useful on the forum.

I have a Delta 40-540 scroll saw. LOVE IT. I use it all the time and have worn out the cap screw that holds the lower end of the blade below the table. I've looked online at several parts dealers and they all say "discontinued" or "obsolete".

How can this be? :fie:

All I can figure is there must be a new assembly to replace the old one.

The part # is 1246051. On the parts diagram in the manual, it is #136. The spec is: NLA Cap Screw, M5x0.8x12 Hex SKT HD or SOC HD.

Can you shed any light on this "obsolete" part? It must be the most worn-out part requested. I can only guess that Delta realized they needed to redesign the blade-clamp. Perhaps I need to retrofit my scrollsaw with it.

Much thanks!!!
Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,795 Posts

·
Registered
17,393 Posts
Sorry I don't have any info for you Mike , but welcome to the forum

·
Official Greeter
18,736 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mike.

I have moved the thread to the wood working section....

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Check with MSC, Fastenal or any fastener distributor. Or check the websites of the first two names. Start with the local hardware store as the cost plus shipping might be high for just one screw. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My guess is that one of them wood, based on the spec it looks like amazon carries that bolt.....should be able to find suitable sub......

Bryan

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Check with MSC, Fastenal or any fastener distributor. Or check the websites of the first two names. Start with the local hardware store as the cost plus shipping might be high for just one screw. Let us know what you find.
Bing, Bing, Bing.... A winner. (Meaning, I agree with Knothead47)

To the OP. It's just a normal metric cap screw (NLA Cap Screw, M5x0.8x12 Hex SKT HD or SOC HD).

The reason it will show as discontinued or no longer in stock as a specific part, is that is is considered as a locally available item, available thorugh any faster supply. You find that same thing with brand new tools, cars, trucks, equipment-- on bolts and screws. Even with tool repair and factory/distributor service centers, they locally source their fasteners cheaper than keeping a running supply of those same from the manufacturer.

Going to a fastener supply will save you money, costing you about half the price of buying the same at a big box store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts