Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im new to these forum so hello, i have recently bought a dw625 half inch router but the base plate at the bottom seems to be out of square? about 3mm so the cut isnt square to the router? any help on adjusting this please? i havent been able to find anything on the internet........... many thanks tucker.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Sounds like the casting is bent, somebody may have dropped the tool.
An 1/8!!! That is way out of product specks.
New tool, something from Ebay?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hi Tucker and welcome to the forum

Sounds like the casting is bent, somebody may have dropped the tool.
An 1/8!!! That is way out of product specs.
I have to agree with Patrick, there. Never seen a DW625 that bent. I'd suggest returning it if you have the option

Regards

Phil

·
Official Greeter
18,790 Posts
Welcome to the router forum, Tucker.

That seems to be a large error. AS has been said, can you return the router?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys

cheers for the replys everyone, i bought it off ebay! lol. but payed £105 with delivery for it but when i got it it had a chip out of the base so i llooked to see if the base was out on it and it was. so i contacted them to get money back. but my friend told me i could just adjust it myself. i managed to get £35 back of them then so only paid £70 its in good condition except the obvious. but im sad if i cant fix it myself. there is a spair/broken elu 177e in work. would i be able to just change the bottoms on them? mayby not tell the boss? many thanks

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
there is a spair/broken elu 177e in work. would i be able to just change the bottoms on them? mayby not tell the boss? many thanks
Swapping the bases isn't difficult at all (takes almost no tools), although I'd recommend asking if you could have the broken router, myself

Regards

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts