Router Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Carson Pro Magnifier Deluxe head visor with an LED light and after using it for a week or so thought I'd give you a review. It is a major improvement over the older magnifier visor I have used.

PROs: The visor is nicely packaged and comes with four different magnifiers with 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, and 3x power. The magnifiers come in a plastic storage box complete with a lint-free wiping cloth.

The visor easily adjusts for your head size and the LED light can be angled to shine where needed. I like the ability to flip the magnifier up and down as needed without removing the visor.

So far I have only used the 1.5x lens and it has been very helpful in doing close up sign routing. Since the lens is away from your face you can still wear your regular glasses while using the visor.

CONs: The only con is that the visor seems a little hard around the head when you first put it on but once I start working I don't notice it.

I purchased it from Amazon for under $30. http://www.amazon.com/Carson-MagniV...1440612601&sr=1-1&keywords=Carson+Optical+Pro

Attachments

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Gaffboat, thanks for the review. I have been looking for one as I build custom fishing rods and tie flies. I have a lighted magnifier but I'm having to adjust it all the time plus it can get in the way. Is there any way you could pad the strap so it would be more comfortable? I'm thinking of a layer of craft foam; they come in such pretty colors! :x Edit: thanks for the link!

·
Super Moderator
6,790 Posts
Sucked me in again :) Oliver
Delivers the first of September
Like the idea of removal light source

Reactions: Gaffboat

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Oliver... these lens' appear not to be bifocals, rather the entire lens magnify. Did you find that distracting at all?

I"m thinking they would be great for my inlay work...

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oliver... these lens' appear not to be bifocals, rather the entire lens magnify. Did you find that distracting at all?

I"m thinking they would be great for my inlay work...
My regular glasses are the variable focus kind with no hard bifocal line and I had no difficulty using them with the magnifying lens. If you need to look away from the close work you can just flip the magnifier up out of the way.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
I recently purchased a Carson Pro Magnifier Deluxe head visor with an LED light and after using it for a week or so thought I'd give you a review. It is a major improvement over the older magnifier visor I have used.

PROs: The visor is nicely packaged and comes with four different magnifiers with 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, and 3x power. The magnifiers come in a plastic storage box complete with a lint-free wiping cloth.

The visor easily adjusts for your head size and the LED light can be angled to shine where needed. I like the ability to flip the magnifier up and down as needed without removing the visor.

So far I have only used the 1.5x lens and it has been very helpful in doing close up sign routing. Since the lens is away from your face you can still wear your regular glasses while using the visor.

CONs: The only con is that the visor seems a little hard around the head when you first put it on but once I start working I don't notice it.

I purchased it from Amazon for under $30. http://www.amazon.com/Carson-MagniV...1440612601&sr=1-1&keywords=Carson+Optical+Pro
Thanks for the review,posted web site, I just ordered one.
Herb

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I have a copy of the older visor with only one magnification power, don't know what that power is but it sounds like I need to order one like the one you are talking about as it sounds like a good up grade. Yeah, these issues of getting older were not in the brochure that I got earlier in life, most of the hype was along the lines of one's "Golden Years".

Jerry

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Amazon Prime even. Priced less than the set of replacement lenses.
Now regarding "Golden Years". A term created by doctors and/or portfolio managers. It refers to your Years but their Gold. Rub your chin on that one for a moment.

We now return to the regularly scheduled thread...

Reactions: TenGees

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Good find Oliver, I know this will help a lot of our members.

The array of safety items and vision enhancing products available is mind boggling at times. Safety glasses with magnifiers, auto tint welding lenses, dust masks to full face respirators like the air shield; bump caps and hard hats, ear plugs and noise cancelling hearing protection... in some cases it might take longer to put all this on than to do the job. There must be an easier way to handle all of this?

Oliver, I made a crude sketch of my "all in one" safety concept for consideration by ACME Products.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've got the old style that are in good shape and working for now but I did add this item to my Amazon "Wish List".
I do love Prime, perhaps a little too much. I'll never be able to retire at this rate.

Thanks for the review.

Bryan

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Oliver, I received my magnifier yesterday and this morning after trying to figure out how to put the batteries into it , finally got it working.

That is a fine piece of equipment, there is a lot there for the price, I got mine from Amazon and ordered a few more things to get over the $35. free shipping .
It is not some cheapee like I had before and threw away, It will make my life easier for sure.
Thanks for posting the review,
Herb

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
Mike you are correct, by the time I put on my magnifier, dust mask, ear protection, turn on the dust collector I forget what I wanted to do.
:laugh2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts