Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired this router at a yard sale and it is in very good shape for its age. It was set up with the planner attachment and cutter. I would like to use it as a trim router. When I removed the nut holding the planning cutter I found the shaft the shaft for the cutter is tapered to fit into the router shaft which is then secured by tightening the nut. No collet. However this does not work with conventional 1/4" router bits. My guess is that there was originally either a collet or collet/nut that was used for standard bits. Unfortunately that part is missing. So first question is am I right about how the bits are secured?
Second I know parts are no longer available, but maybe there is a source for just the collet if that is all I need. Or maybe one of the folks on the forum has one of these old routers which is broken but still has the correct hardware to secure bits. If all else fails I may have an H14-A router, base and planner attachment available (minus the locking nut) to someone who can use these parts. I could send pictures if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I think you are right, you may have the nut but are missing the collet pretty much going to be worthless

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey: welcome! Yup, pictures are good...you can post them from your own computer, but not from the 'net (until you've reached 10 posts...it's an anti-spam thing).
Not poking fun at your spelling, but it's 'planer'; "planner" is a whole 'nuther topic.
(Rick, looking at you ;) )

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
G'day, John, welcome to the forum...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.