Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just got done putting together a Vevor 3018Prover. My first cnc machine. It mostly works fine. However, whenever it hits a limit switch, it seems to crash. I have to completely power down and manually move it away from the limit switch to open the circuit before it will work again. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,189 Posts
What controller software are you running? Are these limit switches or proximity switches? Why is it hitting the limits, or are you referring to homing the machine?

Photos always help, btw.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
With LinuxCNC, if one of the limits gets triggered, there is an option to override the limit switch. This allows me to move the axis hitting the limit switch to move it. This is in LinuxCNC, but I would guess other controller apps have something similar. Also, for extreme cases, I have a profile setup that doesn't use limits at all and I can move everything away from the limits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What controller software are you running? Are these limit switches or proximity switches? Why is it hitting the limits, or are you referring to homing the machine?

Photos always help, btw
They are micro switches, with actuator levers. There are 6. one at the ends of each axis. Windows 10? Thank you for your replay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With LinuxCNC, if one of the limits gets triggered, there is an option to override the limit switch. This allows me to move the axis hitting the limit switch to move it. This is in LinuxCNC, but I would guess other controller apps have something similar. Also, for extreme cases, I have a profile setup that doesn't use limits at all and I can move everything away from the limits.
Thanks for your reply. I am running WindowsCNC.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Not WindowsCNC. You have 3018 which is more than likely running 8-bit Grbl. When you trigger a limit switch, you need to do a reset and jog away form the limit switch. What is the name of the software you use on the PC to run a job on your CNC machine? Maybe Candle?

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
The reason you are hitting the limit switches is that you are exceeding the limits of your machine.

Make sure your design will fit within the limits of your machine. Home your machine. Zero on the origin of the project blank you set in the design software. Run your project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts