Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Delta Shaper, 43-375, 3hp reversible. It was my Dad's who made doors to fit his custom cabinets.

My question is upon startup. The RPM seems to "peak" immediately after pressing the start button, then lowers the RPM. Is this normal? I want to be careful not to ruin this workhorse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, OK... yes I'm a Newbie, LOL. After talking to a Delta Table Saw Repairman, he told me to tighten the motor belt. I found it was remarkable easy, Now it completes the soft start beautifully. Please reply if you have had similar issues or want to ram me a little. ;-).

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Everybody doesn't know it all and the best way to learn is to ask and there's no shame in that. Most see it as a sign of intelligence. My 1st attempt to find out something I need help with is to call the company Customer Service line if they are still in business. They are the most informed (usually) about their products and should have the best reference materials. Seems you came to that conclusion fairly quickly on your own.

I am in a similar position with 2 brakemotors with gear blocs attached for shutter control on a dome. The dome was left open for almost two years but the motor were covered yet one works fine in both direction and the other only one. Wiring has been triple checked and upon removing the gear bloc I discovered water. As a retired HVAC Tech I did the obvious (to me) and checked all wiring, the controls, and voltages. The capacitor checked fine. At that point I had exhausted my knowledge and talked with my son who owns his own appliance repair business about the motors at which he referred me to a business he uses to repair/rebuild commercial dryer motors.

Spoke with the owner this morning and the motors will be going there via my son after he visits this coming weekend. Now I could continue to play with these $600 motors or send them to someone with the knowledge to get them repaired. I haven't found contact information for Leeson Motors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everybody doesn't know it all and the best way to learn is to ask and there's no shame in that. Most see it as a sign of intelligence. My 1st attempt to find out something I need help with is to call the company Customer Service line if they are still in business. They are the most informed (usually) about their products and should have the best reference materials. Seems you came to that conclusion fairly quickly on your own.

I am in a similar position with 2 brakemotors with gear blocs attached for shutter control on a dome. The dome was left open for almost two years but the motor were covered yet one works fine in both direction and the other only one. Wiring has been triple checked and upon removing the gear bloc I discovered water. As a retired HVAC Tech I did the obvious (to me) and checked all wiring, the controls, and voltages. The capacitor checked fine. At that point I had exhausted my knowledge and talked with my son who owns his own appliance repair business about the motors at which he referred me to a business he uses to repair/rebuild commercial dryer motors.

Spoke with the owner this morning and the motors will be going there via my son after he visits this coming weekend. Now I could continue to play with these $600 motors or send them to someone with the knowledge to get them repaired. I haven't found contact information for Leeson Motors.
THANK YOU for taking the time and consideration, Nice to reaffirm humanity with a positive attitude. If I can find your answer, I will get in touch with you, My Nephew is also trying to find the information just to be on the safe side,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.