Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe this. I was going to use it and the motor won't start. I have pushed the reset button several times. When I try to start it the blade moves a 1/2" at the most. The saw is a Jet Pro Shop 10" 1 3/4 HP table saw. I am thinking may a capacitor. This saw is less than 2 years old and not used nearly as much as a lot of you guys use yours. So what do y'all think?

· Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bad news good news. I pulled the motor and took it to an electric motor repair shop here in town and they found that the winding were bad. Inside the motor was clean as a pin and just from looking you couldn't tell anything was wrong but of coarse it was. Getting the motor out was a pain but putting it back will be worse because I will have to deal with the motors weight while putting the bolts back. A little news is I think the motor will be covered under warranty. I bought it on 9/11/15. I have been in touch with Jet and they emailed me a form to fill out. I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. :wink: I didn't know this for sure but Jet and Powermatic are just about 20 miles from me. I think they should give a home boy special treatment. :grin:

· Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chinese motors have been discovered to not have been continuous wound...
that aside...
Don should do his own bench testing and check his line voltages...
These folks at Fox Bros. are experts at what they do. Big companies bring big motors in for repair. I trust them more than I trust me or any one else. They don't charge anything for seeing what is wrong with a motor. He spent about 45 minutes looking at it. I offered to pay him and I think he should charge something.

· Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
" I offered to pay him and I think he should charge something."
-Don
I like your style, Don! :)
You could always take them a box of doughnuts; nothing says appreciation like fresh delicious pastry etc.
Good idea Dan. Do reckon I would have them eaten before I got them delivered? >:)

· Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just got an email from the guy I have been talking to at Jet and he has submitted the claim to his boss for approval. So far Jet has been great but I an keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.