Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, been awhile since I have been here, but I am in need of some assistance. I need help locating a router lift to work with a Craftsman plunge router model 315.275050. I would have thought there was a way to use a Allen key or some such item to adjust it. It is a bear to get set just right as it is.
Thanks for looking!

Robert

·
Super Moderator
245 Posts
Can you post a photo or three of the router you have ?
I have had a Ryobi 501 plunger that lived in a small router table for a couple of decades. and yes, it is a hassle to raise and lower it. I am finally going to upgrade and put the Ryobi back in the drawer for hand-held applications and have narrowed my lift selection down to a Jessem Rout-r-Lift II. Lifts, like any power tool, has followers and a bucket full of pros and cons for each brand and model to sift through. just depends on your budget and what you expect from the router station when you get it built.
some lifts have to have an "adapter" for specific motors - the Jessem accepts all (well, most) motors. that was my swing vote.
Note: from my research; a router lift will not work with a non-removable plunge base - it only works where it can hold the round motor without obstructions. with my Ryobi - the motor is built into the plunge base, it is one unit.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
You use just the motor in most lifts. You might haul the motor down to a woodworking supply store that sells lifts and see if it will fit. If it is the same diameter as a Bosch, you're in luck. But there are many different lifts, so you need a very accurate diameter to contact lift makers to see if they can fit it. Some will know what model lifts fit what router motors. Looks like it sold with two bases, which means the motor comes out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you post a photo or three of the router you have ?
I have had a Ryobi 501 plunger that lived in a small router table for a couple of decades. and yes, it is a hassle to raise and lower it. I am finally going to upgrade and put the Ryobi back in the drawer for hand-held applications and have narrowed my lift selection down to a Jessem Rout-r-Lift II. Lifts, like any power tool, has followers and a bucket full of pros and cons for each brand and model to sift through. just depends on your budget and what you expect from the router station when you get it built.
some lifts have to have an "adapter" for specific motors - the Jessem accepts all (well, most) motors. that was my swing vote.
Note: from my research; a router lift will not work with a non-removable plunge base - it only works where it can hold the round motor without obstructions. with my Ryobi - the motor is built into the plunge base, it is one unit.
At the moment, I am not able to get other pictures, but these are from another post I made:

·
Super Moderator
245 Posts
thank you for the photos - here is your router - it will provide others with some valuable input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts