Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a very long time I have used Chrome to access the forum, only occasionally have I used Firefox. Always the home page has looked like this:

But today it opens like this: Firefox is still normal.

Any ideas please.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actually read them all from the notifications. I'll go and delete them now.

·
Premium Member
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I made the previous post I was using Chrome and couldn't find a way to the PM's so I went to Firefox and deleted all 95 messages in my IN box, they soon mount up.

·
Premium Member
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the absence of help I've been experimenting, tried system restore and un-installing Chrome then re-installing it, no difference. Finally I remembered that the style could be changed, instead of the usual CLASSIC, it had toggled to FULL, I've no idea why.

Reactions: sreilly

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
If you sign out or clean your cache (as with C Cleaner) and have to log back in it will automatically default to the Full version. I loathe the full version and automatically switch to the Classic version. That means I miss the notifications about @ and Likes and maybe some other things so I apologize to those people for not responding.

·
Premium Member
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The FULL version is hopeless, among other things it doesn't appear to have TODAY'S POSTS

·
Premium Member
19,018 Posts
CCleaner requires that I log in, but opens on a normal page view with today's recently active posts on the right, the postings for one string on the left. Sometimes updates mess things up on in your settings, or you may have accidentally set the page you dislike as the home page.

My big complaint is that since they switched hosts to some form of Google, it keeps loading ads for some time after the page opens. Guess Google has to search its records on each user to deliver adds they hope they will peddle some kind of junk to you. If I make a quick comment and hit post before the last ad loads, it will often crash out of the page and I have to restore the page I was on and resave the comment. A bit annoying, but you guys are worth the trouble.

I have Chrome, but only rarely use it. Google pays the bills with ad sales and selling personal information, and you can't escape it. In the end, they probably know more about you than your wife.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts