Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Archer, I have a pair of 1617's and my buddy bought one since he liked mine so well. They have been trouble free. Keep in mind that the new Craftsman 26620 router is almost identical to the 1617EVS, there are a couple small but important differences. The new Hitachi looks suspiciously like a 1617, and it wouldn't surprize me if Hitachi had made a couple of improvements. All these companies build quality tools. Do yourself a favor and go put your hands on them before buying one. See which feels best in your hands and adjusts the easiest for you, both upside down and right side up. Let us know what you decide, and good luck!

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
The 3 I can speak for are problem free. Having used and owned several different brands and models including Craftsman, Rockwell(the predecessor to Porter Cable), PC, Bosch, B&D and Ryobi I like the Bosch 1617 the best. If you choose to go with this model you can remove the handles from the fixed base for easier table mounting. Mine have been in the case since day one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.