Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to get a new router, mainly for under table use and occasional plunge use. I am stuck on the decision of which one to buy. I have narrowed the choices down to 3 routers, Porter Cable 893PK, Bosch 1617evspk (all magnesium casing), and the Hitachi M12vc. I have read reviews on all three, but can't come to conclucion. If you had to choose one of these 2 1/4 hp Routers with a fixed base/plunge base package in the $200 range, which would you get? If you have any other router suggestions, please feel free to post them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to everyone for their responses. I am leaning towards the Bosch because of the way it feels, the handles feel good, the weight is right, and I like the plunge base better than the other two. The only thing I am worried about is the corrosion problem. Is there any way to tell if they have changed all the motor housings yet? I would really hate to get it, use it a couple months, and then have to turn around and send it in for repairs. Does this corrosion problem happen pretty quick, or does it take a couple of years?

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.