Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Vectric Cut2D software will work with Genmitsu CNC Router Machine PROVerXL 4030?
I know the the software writes a Gcode file, what I'm unsure of is if the Genmitsu CNC Router can read or import that file?

Thank you in advance
Drew

·
Official Greeter
Ross
11,466 Posts
Welcome to the forum Drew.

·
Official Greeter
19,972 Posts
G'day Drew, welcome to the forum.

Our CNC Gurus should be along soon to help...

·
Registered
297 Posts
the vectric program will need to use a post processor that your controller can understand, and that appears to be a GRBL based. so, if Vectric does not list a specific Genmitsu pp, you will need to try to find a generic GRBL pp to try. there are many individuals here who will know more about your needs than me. hopefully they will chime in...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be great. I don't want to buy the unit only to find out that it's incompatible with the things I have. I typically use Mach Mill and that might work, but I don't know. Thank you

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believe that you will be fine setting the Vectric application's post processor to either grbl inch or grbl mm. That said, you would be well advised to post your question on the Vectric forum.

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
Like gwilki posted Vectric does have post processors for GRBL.

What kind of projects are you wanting to do with your CNC? I might be able to send you a few files to try on your machine using the Vectric GRBL post processors. Do you work in inches or do you work in metric?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.