Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Router

I know you said you are "leaning towards Delta" and you know I push Grizzly all the time ,I don't mean to BUT if you look at Delta and the Grizzly you will see they are the same machine, one is green and one white and the freight cost should be the best on the Grizzly and it's just a bit lower in price. :)

They are both great saws :) a mate of mind has the Grizzly one and it will rip a 4 x 4 x 24" of oak on a 45deg. just like butter and true as a arrow and you and I know ripping on a 45deg. is a real test for any table saw. :)

Just my 2 cents bud

Bj :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you BJ.
Your opinion is always highly regarded.
Delta does come with the infamous Biesemeyer fence, so it's hard to resist. don't know much about Grizzly fences. on the other hand Grizz is 2 HP. Other concern I have is how close they are set up at factory. Which is more accurate and that sort of thing.
Table saws are most defiantly not my forte. Don’t know any thing about them.
Tough call. :confused:

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Router the Grizzly tablesaw I've seen and touched at the show room. Made me drool even slid the fence acrossed it. Worked great if I had the room it would be my choice. And Grizzly has an excellent review from myself personally always there to help out with a problem and concern of all their tools.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm a little confused by the depth of cut listed on the Delta review and by BJ's comments regarding being able to rip a 4x4. I wasn't aware that any 10" TS could cut much deeper than 3"+. Even the specs on the Grizzly say 3 1/8" @ 90 degrees. On the Delta review he talks about cutting 4"+ too. My General International cuts right at 3 1/8" @ 90 degrees. @ 45 degrees there's no way any 10" TS will cut 4", that I know of at least. What gives?

Bruce

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the inputs.
Looking at the Grizz manual, A- it looks like G0576 is wired for 200 and the plug is not standard US 110. B- The manual reminded me why I stick with routers. The setup and alignment on these table saws look sooooooo complicated to me. about had a stroke just reading through it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good observation bennybbc.
He says the first cut the blade is fully buried . so he must have flipped it over and run a second cut. Looking at the top of the cut, it looks like it’s not 100% straight which indicates two passes.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Right on Router

When the "blade is fully buried" the chips can't come out so to speak and most saws will load up big time and when you flip it ,if the cut was true on the 1st pass you will not see many saw marks when the cut is done :)

Bj :)

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Router, Left tilt means the top of the blade tilts left for angle cuts. Some saws tilt right but left seems to be the preferred method. Both saws will run on 120vac but it will cost you less money to run them on 240. You will also notice more power this way.
I can not stress enough that the saw set up is critical for safety and smooth operation. If the fence is not properly aligned with the saw blade you are very likely to get kickback. When kickback occurs the wood is thrown with a force that can kill you. Take your time, if you need help get it. Once you know the proper set up it is easy to maintain it. I have a mangled push stick to remind me to keep my hands away from the blade.
Both of your selections are nice tables, a tough choice. Having tried blades from many companies I prefer the red Freud industrial blades. They give excellent performance for the money. I also recommend using one of the blade changing devices available from Benchdog and other companies. It makes life easy and protects your blades while changing.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Hi there router is my name.
The two saws that you are looking are both very good saws. But for what you are looking for there may be another answer, Hybridtable saw.
After a bit looking and hands on some different table saws i bought the Dewalt 746x hybrid and have not been sorry.
The two saws you are considering price wise are just bit less than the Dewalt 746x and the dewalt hybrid is a left tilt (prefer it for safety) and is 110v or 220 volt.
A hybrid saw is cross between a contractors table saw and a cabinet saw.
I wanted a cabinet table but the price was to much.
Sears and Jet have Hybrid table saws.
Roy

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More thanks

Left tilt means the top of the blade tilts left for angle cuts. Some saws tilt right but left seems to be the preferred method.
So, for 45 cuts, the top of the blade is away from the fence?
I thought the preferred is towards the fence it would seem safer.

will cost you less money to run them on 240
The garage is not wired for 220.

When kickback occurs the wood is thrown with a force that can kill you.
Yes I just had 6 stitches taken out 3 weeks ago. Due to kickback less than 0.5 inch above my right eye. That idiotic mistake cost me 380.00 miter saw money not to mention it was a miracle I didn't lose my eye.

After a bit looking and hands on some different table saws i bought the Dewalt 746x hybrid and have not been sorry.
I'll have a look at this hybrid saw. Thanks again.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Router, You never want to trap wood between the blade and the fence, this is asking for trouble. Angle cuts always are made with the blade tilting away from the fence. If you are left handed you might want a right tilting saw, otherwise a left tilting saw is prefered for safety.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts