Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,

I'm having trouble with routing the inside of an oval 8x10 picture frame (with a template attached to it). When the grain becomes parallel with the bit it jerks it out of my hand :mad: . I posted this one time before and Bobj3 gave me some good advice on the bits that I needed...I purchased the flushed trim bit with top and bottom bearing but haven't purchased the sheer angle flush trim bit, maybe that's the missing link :confused: . I've tried turning the template over using the opposite bearing and I still seem to have the problem...I lose 2 out 3 when trying to route these frames. Here are some pictures I've taken (sorry about the quality) but maybe it will give you more of an idea of what I'm trying to say. I'd appreciate all the help!!

Thanks,
WIL141 AKA Woodpecker!!!!!

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Woodpecker

the "bit jerks it out of my hand" you maybe moving the router the wrong way. :)
The bit should pull the router into the stock,if you going the wrong way the bit will want to walk away from the stock and rib the stock.
A rule of thum outside cut push away from you with the router, inside cut pull the router to you. (with a hand type router)

Bj :)

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i'm routing on the table, on the inside oval i would move my stock into the rotation of the bit. and it would be the same on the outside ,correct.

thanks

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
It's backwards if you are using A ROUTER Table.
Or to say the other way around.

Bj :)

wil141 said:
just seen your attchment thanks that will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts