Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope some one out there has some advice. I have a Craftsman Router Model 315.275000. I have noticed that the locking mechanism that controls the depth of the router bit doesn't really lock. I've cleaned the thing I have even taken it apart to determine the problem and it comes down to the fact that it doesn't clamp hard enough. So I was hoping someone out there had some ideas on how to clamp the thing in place in an effort to keep the bit depth from changing while I'm in the middle of routing. I don't want to toss the thing it was a gift. But I gotta tell you I am really dissappointed in the quality of this thing. Sears was no help. Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to fix the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like to note that while I was dissappointed with the product I went to sears yesterday and they replaced it no questions asked. I was surprized considering it was over a year old. While their products aren't the greatest, I was pleasently surprized by their service. I also noteced they don't sell a router with a depth lock like the one I returned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.