Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I have heard about this problem on certain Craftsman routers and this might be the one...... I once heard it called a "SAR" or self adjusting router. I went to the sears parts site and had a look..... can't see much from the sketch. Without having one to look at I can't tell if one could make some improvements to the way the locking is done but that would be a good place to start.

I would think that a complaint to the product safety people might be a good idea.... a general recall might be in order.

If you still want to get some use from it..... now don't give me that silly look.... duct tape might just do it. Get the height set..... one wrap of tape and it shouldn't be twisting any more........

Option 2 might be to remove the knob it has for tighnening and replace it with a worm gear band clamp.

Hey you get what you pay for here now don't you.

Ed

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
nbat42 said:
I like to note that while I was dissappointed with the product I went to sears yesterday and they replaced it no questions asked. I was surprized considering it was over a year old. While their products aren't the greatest, I was pleasently surprized by their service. I also noteced they don't sell a router with a depth lock like the one I returned.
Hey it never hurts to take things back to the store and see what happens in a situation like this. Well done!

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.