Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Mark here.
New to the forum but noticed there are some posts about ornamental mills. My friend is looking to buy a model 2000 Legacy ornamental mill. If anyone knows of one for sale, please let me know. Does anyone know of a website with info on all the Legacy models and their capacities? Thanks and keep you revs up!:)

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Mark and welcome to the router forums, we are glad to have you join us.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,908 Posts
legacywoodworking.com was selling some used mills. Give them an email and maybe they can put you in contact with someone wanting to trade up.

I don't know the 2000, just the 900,1000,1200,1500 and 1800 of the original series, the revo small mill and the CNC jobs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys...

Wow, I wasn't expecting so much help. Legacy is an interesting topic to research. Lots of crazy stuff. I just found a one of a kind Legacy mill that was for sale in California...takes 15 feet long stock! Three phase electrical for the spindle! The one my friend is looking at is a model 2000 and it take 8 foot stock. He is looking forward to making bedposts. If the seller can get the gear parts needed to get the mill going, we might be on a road trip in a few weeks to pick it up. Time will tell.
Thanks for everything...Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Mark,
I noticed that you were previously looking for legacy mill. I am looking for a legacy ornamental 1800. I was wondering if you were able to find one. If so could you direct me where I could get one. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you make the "road trip" to get the LOM 2000? I have not seen a LOM 2000 for sale in a while (maybe I don't frequent the right places).

If I remember correctly, the LOM 2000 was a looong machine - and HEAVY! Its specs were 13" dia by 132" between centers. Therefore, you will most likely find it for sale by a millwork shop - vs a homeowner/hobbyist.
Good luck in your quest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts