Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the 2 signs I am donating to a cancer research fundraiser. Hopefully they will bring in around $80 each.

I used 3/4" thick X 7" Red Oak.....my favorite wood to carve.

Being an old Oilers fan.....and NEVER having rooted for the Cowboys.....I may bid on the Oiler/Texan sign myself!! LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
ahhhh good ole Bum Phillips what a character of a coach..
and in his heyday Earl Campbell was a tank....

Hope your signs do well for you Frank...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bad Rick. LOL

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Edmonton Oilers......hmmmmm.....I don't recall them playing football?
Oh wait......HOCKEY! They play HOCKEY!! Now I have told you everything I know about Hockey! LOL

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Great signs, and good taste in football too, Those were the days.

You are good at that freehand routing, keep them coming.

OBTW, I'm with Rick, scared the whiskers off me.

Herb

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Edmonton Oilers......hmmmmm.....I don't recall them playing football?
Oh wait......HOCKEY! They play HOCKEY!! Now I have told you everything I know about Hockey! LOL
What Edmonton plays isn't real hockey (this coming from a Toronto Maple Leafs fan)

I liken the Cowboys to the NY Yankees, the evil empire of the NFL.

And when I followed NFL religiously, I was a fan of the Baltimore Colts, but these days, my wife watches more NFL than I do

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
There was a joke going around Alberta a few years ago. The Oilers were playing really badly as they pretty much still are. According to the joke the RCMP had stopped giving fines to speeders and were handing out Oiler's tickets instead. And if you got caught twice they would make sure you used them.

Reactions: Frankj3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great Job on the signs Rick.

I like the first one best. I have two favorite teams I like. The first one being the Texans, and the second one being any team playing against the Cowboys....l0l

Reactions: Frankj3

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great Job on the signs Rick.

I like the first one best. I have two favorite teams I like. The first one being the Texans, and the second one being any team playing against the Cowboys....l0l
I wish there were 1,000,000 like buttons.....I'd press them all!!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
There was a joke going around Alberta a few years ago. The Oilers were playing really badly as they pretty much still are. According to the joke the RCMP had stopped giving fines to speeders and were handing out Oiler's tickets instead. And if you got caught twice they would make sure you used them.
Charles:
Without spelling out what my first career was, I spent 6 long months in Regina 40 years ago - training - then put in 25 years, all of it in Ontario.

Joke around here is, first prize: tickets to a Leafs game, second prize: tickets to two Leafs games.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Very good detail on the lettering and design(s) I assume you are still transferring to wood then freehanding? Curious about the cowboy star.. a small pointed angled bit for the edges then hog it out leaving two areas to paint? Painted by brush..

Great signs... miss the Oilers will never miss the Cowboys (lol)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jim, your analogy was spot on......transfer then cut.

I bought a profile bit from Dave's Signs. It is an awesome bit that allows me to work with much more detail. I used a flat faced bit to route out and clean up the white portion of the star.

Everything was hand painted with acrylic paint.

I PROMISE TO GIVE MY TITLES MORE THOUGHT IN THE FUTURE.....MY APOLOGIES TO CANCER PATIENTS AND SURVIVORS. I wanted a catchy title and I am doing my part (small as it may be) to help defeat cancer.

Reactions: woodknots

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
another

Attachments

Reactions: old55 and Frankj3

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I sincerely apologize to everyone for my poor choice of title!
I NEVER intended to and hope I didn't offend anyone.

Thanks to Bill for modifying my thread title!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts