Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are these so new that none of you have used them. I use a lot of t nuts at .55 a piece good price if they hold. Going vacation for a week
probably order some when get home.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Saiz "currently unavailable "
The link takes me to Amazon.ca, so maybe that's why . Anything good isn't available on the Canada site

·
Registered
278 Posts
looking at the splines in the side wall it doesn't look like they would take much torque before breaking loose and spinning in the hole.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Are these so new that none of you have used them. I use a lot of t nuts at .55 a piece good price if they hold. Going vacation for a week
probably order some when get home.
I would use them but the gun is pricey...

Thanks for sharing...

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
You can get these, and the hand tool for installing them, at HF. You can also install them with a bolt and a couple of nuts. I've used them a few times, but not for woodworking....

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Saiz "currently unavailable "
The link takes me to Amazon.ca, so maybe that's why . Anything good isn't available on the Canada site
A lot of those sites look at your "cookies" and then redirect when they figure out where you live. Amazon in particular doesn't like selling us stuff from their US site.

I think gluing these in would probably be good enough for most jigs and the price is certainly right.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I've used bigger for mounting floorboards to car chassis and stuff like that...have never used them on wood, only metal...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
looking at the splines in the side wall it doesn't look like they would take much torque before breaking loose and spinning in the hole.
in sheet metal...
sized for thickness..
properly installed...
they stay put...
huge variety in screw sizes...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts