Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New boy here. Haven't got a router, still trying to decide what kind. Started watching Bob and Rick and came to believe that skill is much more likely to produce good results than a Whiz Bang router table with micro adjust fence and numerous bells and whistles.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
gdog said:
New boy here. Haven't got a router, still trying to decide what kind. Started watching Bob and Rick and came to believe that skill is much more likely to produce good results than a Whiz Bang router table with micro adjust fence and numerous bells and whistles.
We can see you are antute person and we welcome you! I feel as you do skill is the way to go..... besides I can't afford all that expensive stuff anyway....

Do some reading, a lot of posts on/for first time router people.

Ed

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome Gordon! You are going about it the right way. Spend a little time reading and then go see how the routers feel in your hands. The bad news is you will end up owning a few routers in the long run, it just seems to work out that way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Gordon you found the right place, welcome.

"New boy here. Haven't got a router, still trying to decide what kind."

Get ready for the deer in the headlights feeling. Lots of choices all with their own benifits.
CB

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Gordon with no router. Sorry to hear of you situation. :'( Everyone should own at least one router per bit. :D You kindda need to know what you want to do in routing. Then look for a router that meets your needs. Like the guys say, go to a store and see how they fit and check the forum for opinions and experience. Good luck, safe routing, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome If I can offer a word, good bit's, and a cheap router will give decent work, safely. One store here in Alberta had an import 3 HP (looks like the triton) for under 100 bucks Canadian! Had 1/4 and 1/2 collets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.